Kuwait records 42,000 cancer cases in 30 years

February 9, 2011
By

More than 41,700 cases of cancer were discovered in Kuwait between 1970 and 2009, according to statistics from the health ministry.

Ibrahim Al Abdul Hadi, the ministry undersecretary, said that 40 per cent of the cases were Kuwaiti nationals and the other 60 per cent were foreigners.

However, slightly less than half of the 12,990 cases discovered in the years 2000 – 2008 were Kuwaiti nationals, he said.

Breast cancer was very common among Kuwaiti women with a 36 percentage while the rate was less in other types of cancerous diseases, he said, according to Kuwait News Agency (KUNA). Colorectal and NHL cancers were very common among men.

Al Abdul Hadi said that Kuwait had less cases compared with countries such as the US, England, and Australia.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kuwait/kuwait-records-42-000-cancer-cases-in-30-years-1.758724

         

Search

About the author

Born August 3, 1960 in Monastir, Tunisia
Career
Media career:
  • ABC News (Tunisia)
  • Bahrain Tribune
  • Gulf News
  • Bahrain Television News
Teaching career:
  • Monastir (Tunisia)
  • University of Bahrain
Education
  • MA  Mass Communications, University of Leicester
  • BA  in English & US literature and studies, University of Tunis

Random Image

5 visitors online now
1 guests, 4 bots, 0 members
Max visitors today: 21 at 02:47 pm UTC
This month: 45 at 08-06-2017 06:47 am UTC
This year: 48 at 05-21-2017 10:47 am UTC
All time: 137 at 07-08-2013 12:50 pm UTC
Better Tag Cloud