Doctors’ court trial put off to January 9

November 29, 2011
By

Bahrain’s Court of Appeals on Monday postponed the trial of 20 doctors to January 9 after the public prosecution presented new evidence against the suspects.

The court was looking into the verdicts issued by the national safety court ranging between five and 15 years.

However, the public prosecution presented two Kalashnikovs, 186 bullets, white weapons, Molotov cocktails, and chemical material allegedly stored by the doctors. The prosecution said that it would produce witnesses who were allegedly kidnapped inside the Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC).

The defence team rejected the introduction of new evidence on the grounds it was not presented at the national safety court trial. It also said that it could produce witnesses in support of the suspects and called for lifting a travel imposed on them.

Last month, the public prosecution told the court not to take into consideration the confessions made by the suspects, but added that it would present new evidence.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/doctors-court-trial-put-off-to-january-9-1.939277

 

         

Search

About the author

Born August 3, 1960 in Monastir, Tunisia
Career
Media career:
  • ABC News (Tunisia)
  • Bahrain Tribune
  • Gulf News
  • Bahrain Television News
Teaching career:
  • Monastir (Tunisia)
  • University of Bahrain
Education
  • MA  Mass Communications, University of Leicester
  • BA  in English & US literature and studies, University of Tunis

Random Image

9 visitors online now
2 guests, 7 bots, 0 members
Max visitors today: 21 at 02:47 pm UTC
This month: 45 at 08-06-2017 06:47 am UTC
This year: 48 at 05-21-2017 10:47 am UTC
All time: 137 at 07-08-2013 12:50 pm UTC
Better Tag Cloud